Friday, 18 April 2014

Lolita blog carnival: my first lolita item


What a nostalgic topic for Lolita Blog Carnival this week! What was your first lolita item? For me, this stretches back to 2008 when I bought my first skirt. Since then, it's all be down hill (for my bank account) with building my wardrobe and personal style, and finding dream dresses.


My first ever item in lolita fashion was Metamorphose's Surprise Party from 2008. I still love this skirt so much even though I've not worn it in a couple of years. It has the most gorgeous details, from little swan cream puffs, to sweet toffee apples and all sweet things you'd find at a lovely lolita party. Honestly, though I might have drifted through styles a little, I think this print really shows my continued love for prints with desserts and sweets. I love it dearly and hope I'll never part with it!


And to further our journey down memory lane, here's an outfit from 2011 with my cute Surprise Party skirt. I paired it with a matching candy stripe top and touches of brown and chocolate for a casual day eating macarons! Ignore the facial expression, if you please.

Skirt: Metamorphose
Bag: Angelic Pretty
Everything else: Offbrand

What was your first lolita item? Do you still hold it close to your heart? To check out the other participants' stories, check the following links:


6 comments:

  1. I would not have thought to coord with brown, very cute and creative outfit <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank youuu! :D I thought the brown was more toned down~ x

      Delete
  2. Wow, I've never seen that Meta print before. I love that you paired it with a striped blouse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a little old and hardly pops up in sales these days but you can find them at a cheap price!~ Thank you for the compliment, dear~ x

      Delete
  3. I didn't know this print neither ! How did you get it ? Were you all excited to get this very first Lolita item ? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yess, it's so old so it's hard to find. I bought it from the Metamorphose website way back in 2008 when it was released. It was the best feeling everrr :3

      Delete