Monday, 25 January 2016

Resolutions for the New Year


At the start of 2015, I didn't really set myself any goals for the new year because well, honestly I'm horrible at keeping to them. But I really wanted to make changes for 2016 and I'm determined to stick with it this year. As a pledge to myself, I wanted to share my three lolita/otome related new year resolutions! Did you set any lolita related resolutions this year?

1. Wear the dresses I didn't wear last year
I have a decent size wardrobe with so many prints and dresses that I love, but I never seem to be able to wear them all in one year. Sometimes I end up wearing the same dresses over and over but this year I'll try to make an effort to wear the ones gathering a bit of dust in my wardrobe first.

2. Only buy wishlist items
No, this doesn't mean my wishlist is a mile long and that I'll add any and everything I want to it although that would be a wonderful loophole to my resolution. I think I've reached a stage where I'm more than content with what I already own and I only covet a few more items. I'm not sure what the brands will bring in 2016 but my goal is to find the few dresses on my wishlist (and for a reasonable price only!).

3. Buy a new pannier for otome style
This might seem a little trivial but it's something I keep putting off because I'm buying other things and forget about the essentials! I'm still using my very first lolita pannier that I purchase from Bodyline when I started. I stitched layers of organza to it but since it's still so deflated it's quite alright for otome dresses. But I think it's high time to replace the dying pannier with a new one, and I'm not putting it off any longer!

I think three resolutions should be easier to handle, right? Hopefully I can fulfill and keep these resolutions over the year. Wishing you all the best for the new year and here's to achieving new goals!

2 comments:

  1. Same here with the 1st and 2nd resolution: I still have main pieces that I didn't wear yet and I'm trying my best to stick with my wishlist items, but my wishlist is pretty big for now :/ My first petticoat was from Bodyline too and it also got deflated very quickly, last year I bought a new one with lots of poof and it was the best purchase ever! Happy belated New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finding the perfect petticoat is so hard because you need a different shape depending on the dress. I have a pink cupcake one from classical puppets for lolita and it's pretty good. But for otome I've been very... stingy, maybe? Haha! I hope you can fulfil your new year resolutions too, dear! <3<3

      Delete